"...we should pass over all biographies of 'the good and the great,' while we search carefully the slight records of wretches who died in prison, in Bedlam, or upon the gallows."
~Edgar Allan Poe

Monday, March 4, 2013

In Which I Try To Make Excuses For Why the Internet Is Getting Yet Another Lousy Blog

"...will not my husband fear and forsake me, if he sees me associate with such strange company and kindred?"
-From "Undine," by Friedrich de La Motte Fouqué


Welcome. For as long as I can remember, I’ve had a passion for history’s more peculiar corners. I collect stories about unusual people and events the way normal people collect family photos. Ever since I started the World of Edgar Allan Poe blog, I’ve been considering starting a second site where I could look back on some of those stories, and I finally decided to go ahead and take the plunge.

I’m not sure how long I’ll keep up this site—it may be that I’ll just tell a few of my favorite tales, and then bow out. Of course, I thought that about World of Poe, and over three years later I found myself somehow still driveling on. I suppose I should never underestimate my aptitude for windbaggery. On this blog, I plan to write a little about true crime, a little about lesser-known historical episodes, a little about the paranormal, a little about whatever damn fool thing happens to cross my mind at any given moment. We’ll see. To be frank, I don’t know where I’m going with this, but in my usual what-the-hell fashion, I said, “What the hell?” and plunged on regardless.

However bumpy the road may get here, I hope you find something to like in the ride.

2 comments:

  1. You devil! How did you manage to fly under my radar with this? My full time job is really cutting into my blogging and reading time...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahoy there, Pauline! Nice to see you at my new...uh...whatever this is I have going.

      Delete

Comments are moderated. Because no one gets to be rude and obnoxious around here except the author of this blog.